Fairytale V.S. Reality


By Badria Hajjar



want a fairytale life and all that it brings

I want a fantasy, with glass slippers and fairies with wings

I want love at first sight to truly exist

I want evil to be broken by a simple kiss

I want a prince that would be ready to die for me

A prince charming that would fight evil just to set me free

I want a magic carpet that would fly me wherever

A genie to grant me three wishes no lesser

I want a house made of candy like in Hansel and Gretel

And snow white skin with lips the color of a rose petal

I want an island where no one grows old

And a pixie fairy that sprinkles pixie gold

I want to be brave as Robin Hood

To steal from rich to feed the poor and the good

I want to wish on a star and see my dreams come true

I want a future and happy ending I’d always look forward to

However in reality all these things are untrue

And reality slaps you in your face to always remind you

There are no glass slippers or fairies with wings

No prince charming, no genie none of these things

No true loves kiss or love at first sight

No stealing from the rich or being a brave knight

No slaying dragons or fighting witches

No evil step sisters that always snitch

And most definitely no wishing on stars

For reality only brings broken dreams, unhappy endings and 

bleeding scars…

No comments:

Post a Comment