Tawado3 Gone Bad


By Ahmad Itani

               I honestly can’t understand why you just wasted your time to click on the link and read this piece of junk. Worst thing I’ve ever written! I mean seriously, the jokes are lame, and the style is way too cheesy. You think it’s okay? That’s so sweet of you! You’re a great reader.
                You DON’T think you’re a great reader? You think you have a bad taste? But you just said you liked my article… Then what does that make me?! I am insulted. How dare you deny such a great artist, I don’t think you’d recognize art if it hit you in the face. I am the greatest writer who ever lived! No mortal can dream to surpass my greatness!
                Now that I’ve completely confused you, I think I’ll get to the point already.
This my friends is how tawado3 can backfire sometimes.
Now,if you wrote this article, would the second paragraph be your choice for something to say in public? Come on…are you crazy? They’ll hate you for it! So you don’t.  We always go for (something like) the first statement. Whenever we’re praised we go for these expressions of denial and we’re all like “no I’m just a lucky loser and the whole world hates me and you’re so much better bla bla bla….”
It’s good to deny oneself. Everyone loves a humble person. But some people over do it. They’re the type of people who meet and then the tawado3 just goes on and on in an infinite chain of understatements and the next thing you know it’s TAWADO3 FIGHT! And I have to admit, I was one of them.
But no matter how “mitwadi3” I was, the magic of tawado3 never really happened. I always knew there was something wrong…I was missing the point. In fact the more I degraded myself, the worse it got.  I was only doing it so that people would like me! Now I can’t really remember whether I read this somewhere or not, but I tried to imagine a world in which people saw the best only in themselves, a world in which people refused to see their shortcomings. What kind of world would that be? If you think there is no one better than you to look up to, then there would be no chance to improve, no chance to change, and no chance to be something new.
Tawado3 isn’t just about self-denial and reputation, it’s about knowing that no matter how good you are at something, there is always a chance to be better, and that you should always try to be better. And believe me if you miss the point, Tawado3 will make things go very wrong.
 But it doesn’t stop here! Now that I know that there is a better me, I’m kind of excited to get to him. So don’t swell up like I do when you find out that there is someone better than you out there. Look at it as a chance to be better! I look up to many of you people, and I see the better me in the many amazing writers of alloy.



No comments:

Post a Comment