I wonder!


By Noura Soubra





This piece of work is politics-free. I only wonder! 


One day has passed…8 people were killed…110 injured…in

 a massive bombing in Ashrafiyye.


Different reactions from the public, mostly political. Where 

did our humanity go? Did we lose it?

Maybe we shall go search for it inside the wreckage.

Will we find it there? I wonder!


It was just a normal day, no one expected this to happen…

but this is death…always unpredictable. People say…he/she 

was young…but death knows no ages. We can die at any 

time, any place.


Will I be ready for it? I wonder!


Dead and injured people, others lost their homes.


Who will help the dead besides their own deeds? I wonder!


Who is feeling with the injured and others who are suffering? 

I wonder!


Will there be hope? I wonder!


Is there a bright side? I wonder! 


Our knowledge is so limited, we can’t understand a cell! Our 

knowledge is so limited, we can’t understand the universe!

Our knowledge is so limited, we can’t understand each 

other! Our knowledge is so limited, we can’t understand 

ourselves!

What do we understand? I wonder!


The only thing I know and I’m sure about, that God knows it 

all and He won’t leave us out.


I have faith in Him, so I dream of a brighter day…I’m sure it’ll 

come soon to take our sorrows away.


I wonder…I only wonder…Why don’t people feel the same.





1 comment: