Blessed


By Badria Hajjar

Today it just hit me; I realized how much I’m blessed
I visited a children health center where God put me to the test
I remembered myself complaining about how life isn’t fair
Until today I met children who needed constant health care
Most were very gifted, with voices like singing birds
Others played musical instruments, their talent beyond words
Though some lacked something we already got
Eyes that can see; ears that can hear a complete creation
Which is something they’re not
They accepted their fate and how they are
They’re living their lives, shining like a star
They don’t want our pity, for they pity us
We can’t confront a small problem without making a big fuss
Today I surely learned a lot
From seeing things more positively to appreciating what I’ve got
We all go through times where it feels like it’s the end
But we should understand that some people can’t even fend
So today it just hit me and I realized how much I’m blessed
Just being a complete creation is something that can’t even be expressed


No comments:

Post a Comment