Confessions

By Badria Hajjar



I’m sitting alone near the window pane
Watching the clouds pour, watching the rain
Thinking about my life and all my dreams
Just looking at the world and how it seems
Wondering to myself how I got to where I am
And why I’m failing Gods exam
He says call to me and I will forgive
I am so ashamed because all he does is give
I selfishly take
Barely appreciate
I ask for more with a heart filled with greed
Forgetting the less fortunate and those in most need
Each raindrop would be as equal to a sin
A sin that always haunts me from deep within
I’m scared and my eyes and heart are bleeding with tears
I’m so sorry for what I’ve done all these years
Oh God, forgive me
I need you, no one else but you
Bestow your mercy and help me through
I want nothing more but your forgiveness
Your love, your mercy and your bliss
Please guide me and don’t leave me astray
Please help me find the right way
I’m sitting alone near the window pane
Watching the clouds pour, watching the rain
When a rainbow appears from beneath the sky
And I can’t hold my tears back and I just cry
That rainbow must be a sign of hope
That God hasn’t left me and he shall help me cope
A sign that he hasn’t left me in despair
And that he shall guide me and help me repair
Repair my heart, my soul and mind
And that he’s always with me and will never leave me behind
Oh God I love you and for that I have confessed
Every wrong I’ve done and have tried to suppress
Forgive me my lord, for your bless is my only road to eternal success…

No comments:

Post a Comment