Give Me Back My Land


By Badria Hajjar



Give me back my freedom, give me back my land
You stole it; you abused it, and snatched it from my bare hand
You took my Palestine and my whole family too
My mother my father in pieces you blew
You go to sleep every night with a smile on your face
I sleep alone, with fear and with no one to embrace
You live your lives worrying about your money
I live my life praying my days would somehow turn sunny
You complain about the noise your neighbors make
I live my life with every bombshell causing a quake
You stole my freedom and you stole my land
You took away my life, my family and expect me to understand
You think I’m fighting this battle alone
But don’t you know God’s with me, closer than my very bone
Oh Kingdom of oil, where is your helping hand?
My people are dying and your selling oil to the robbers of my land
But don’t worry God is watching
He knows what you’re doing and He is judging
I will not stop till this genocide ends
Till the world stops and stands in Palestine’s defense

No comments:

Post a Comment