The Most Beautiful Revolution


By Mona Ayoub



In class, I learn about revolutions. I learn about their predictors. I deal with numbers and 
 theoretical models.


In life, I learn from revolutions.


It has become usual nowadays to meet Syrians in Lebanon. Some of them had lost everything and came to establish a new life here. Others are just exploring their chances in this country, which is barely meeting the needs of its own people.


It has become usual nowadays to hear Syrians saying: “Alhamdulillah for everything”, “I hope Allah will reward me better in paradise”, “And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him a way out “( (و من يتق الله يجعل له مخرجا و يرزقه من حيث لا يحتسب, …..


The level of spirituality I touch is unusual. Those people have lost everything, but their hearts have become purer. For them, God is no longer just there. God is there. He is with them. They are feeling His presence in every aspect of their lives. They are seeking His guidance and mercy every minute.


I learned that revolutions are not about fighting tyrants only. Revolutions are about fighting our heedlessness and purifying our hearts. Revolutions are about establishing a new relationship with 
Allah and learning about His most beautiful attributes.


Revolutions are about fighting our own internal tyrants.

And, those are, truly, the most beautiful revolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment