The Sweet Sorrow of Regret

 By Hiba Itani

 I have always thought that regret is a rather ironic concept.
No one needs mistakes, but everyone needs regrets… everyone makes mistakes.
There is some comfort in the sweet sorrow of regret. It means that the heart is not stone quite yet,
that the game is not quite over yet, that I have not given up on myself quite yet.
I will probably always make mistakes I didn’t want to make…but I want to always have the will to 
regret them. I want to always feel like I want to change them. I want to forever understand that when 
I have choices I must try to choose right, but that if I fail, there is still a window of hope. Even if no 
one else on the planet were to believe it but me, I would still put all my faith in it. After all, if one 
cares enough about himself to believe that he could be a good person, then there is no such thing as 
no hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment